5 Facts you must know About Laser Eye SurgeryDrSegal
For people who are tired of using their eyeglasses or contact lenses, laser surgery is perhaps one of the best remedies to try. If you sense that your vision is getting poorer each day and you constantly suffer from headache, it could be that you have a developing eye defect. Ignoring it can just make the possibility of worse visual impairment.
1. Houston Laser Eye Surgery- Great solution for your eye needs.
Majority of people who suffer from refractive errors mainly depend on corrective eyewear instead of opting for long-term solutions such as laser eye surgery. But aside from using contact lenses and prescription eyeglasses, there are other treatments available for eye patients. One of which is the laser eye surgery. Since the invention of laser, many treatments were developed to cure serious health problems. Though there are known side effects and complications brought by the technology, laser is considered to be the safest equipment for eye care. Because of this, patients can now enjoy life without the need for their eyeglasses or contact lenses. For so many years now, people across the globe choose laser eye surgery to experience permanent solution for their eye problems.
2. People who undergo laser eye surgery experience convenient recovery. What’s surprising is that it only takes a couple of weeks for the patient to fully recover from the surgery. Patients however, must take care of their eyes, avoid rubbing or touching them and do not get exposed to extreme sunlight. They must also come back to the clinic for post-assessment and for the doctor to check the recovery speed.
3. Laser eye surgery is a painless procedure which only takes for several minutes.
Surprisingly, laser eye surgery only takes several minutes. The entire process is painless and patients don’t have to worry about side effects if the procedure is done well and he/she was a good candidate for the treatment. The doctor makes use of some form of anesthesia so the patient does not feel any pain.
4. Houston laser eye surgery is a simple yet complicated process.
The surgery itself is complicated but the entire process, when done by a professional doctor, can be done exceptionally easier. The cornea is the main concern on the laser eye surgery. By reforming it, the doctor corrects the visual problems of the patient. After that, the procedure is done and you’ll feel like you’ve never been operated!
5. Laser eye surgery gives a high percentage of success for patients.
The most common visual problems that can be fixed using laser eye surgery are astigmatism, far-sightedness, and near-sightedness.