LASER: Best Tool for Correcting Refractive ErrorsDrSegal
Since the invention of laser, many treatments were developed to cure serious health problems. There are cases wherein the patient’s eye problems get worse after going through laser eye surgery but they’re very rare. Basically, this kind of medical treatment is currently the most famous remedy that gave lots of people great satisfaction.
If you’re deadbeat of having to apply and take off your contact lenses day and night or if you’re so stressed out cleaning the lenses of your eyeglasses, then laser eye surgery might be the best treatment for you. Statistic shows that more than 50% of patients with refractive errors undertake laser eye surgery to keep away from using their corrective eyewear for a longer period of time.
Looking for a laser eye surgery in Houston? Here are some tips to get the best one:
• Don’t EVER settle for less
• Ask for recommendations coming from friends and family to get a great idea in searching for the best doctor. If you know of people who had Houston laser eye surgery then it would be great.
• If you know of no one, go to community health offices and ask referrals from there. It is also expedient that you verify the reliability of the doctors you’re considering to consult.
• Browse the web for more options. You can get their contact information such as clinic address and telephone numbers from their websites. Usually, these clinics have all the information available on their site such as the cost, timeframe of the entire treatment and what you need to do.
• Compare the prices and services provided by different doctors and clinics.
Regular eye surgery lasts for about 6-10 minutes but more complicated ones may take 30. The surgery itself is complicated but the entire process, when done by a professional doctor, can be done exceptionally easier. What’s surprising is that it only takes a couple of weeks for the patient to fully recover from the surgery. Patients just need to be more careful and avoid exposure to sunlight. After the procedure, the patient will go through the post-operative program for further eye care.
The entire process is painless and patients don’t have to worry about side effects if the procedure is done well and he/she was a good candidate for the treatment. Just a slight burning sensation on the eyes but it doesn’t really hurt at all.