Call us now to schedule your Free LASIK evaluation at (713) 793-6495
What Patients Say:
LASIK is truly a revolutionary and effective procedure for vision correction. Millions of people have undergone the LASIK process in Texas with incredible results. With the latest advancements of Houston LASIK and catarac technology most patients report little or no discomfort during the procedure and are able to go back to work the very next day. Furthermore most people are surprised to learn that the procedure only takes about 15 minutes.
If you are considering LASIK eye surgery in Houston Tx, you want to be 100% sure you are choosing the right doctor, the right technology, and the right procedure for you. This will ensure the best possible outcome for your results. Here at the Houston LASIK Vision Center, we understand and share your concerns. Your vision is your most precious sense. The LASIK surgeon you choose can have one of the most significant impacts on the results you experience. It is with that information that we always encourage you to consider each aspect of your eye care provider, from the very first telephone consultation to your long-term follow-up I care.
LASIK eye surgery as well as other common laser vision correction procedures such as PRK (Photo Refractive Kerotectomy) were first approved by the FDA in 1995. Over the past 16 years of vision correction history there have been over 20 million LASIK procedures recorded worldwide. Cataract surgery in Houston has also grown considerably and our recent cataract advancements have provided our patients with outstanding results.
Although laser eye surgery is considered a relatively fast and simple procedure for most of our patient’s perspectives, like any other surgical procedure it requires an extreme level of caution and expertise by the eye surgery doctor and comes with both risks and benefits. During your free LASIK screening or cataract evaluation, the Houston LASIK doctor all answer any questions you have and cover all risks and benefits in detail.
If you have been living with imperfect vision and have been dependent on glasses or contacts for years, LASIK can be each truly remarkable and life changing procedure. We always aim to keep our LASIK surgery cost affordable for everyone with great financing options. Our office not only provides Laser eye surgery but also Houston cataract surgery.
Please feel free to contact us at our Houston Texas office to schedule your FREE consultation today.
Houston LASIK – Advantages of LASIK
There are several methods of vision correction but the benefits of Houston LASIK eye surgery make it superior. The cost of LASIK may vary depending on your vision and which type is best for you. Some of the main benefits include immediate improvements in vision without having to rely on expensive and annoying glasses and lenses and improving your social life.
1. Instant Vision Improvements – One of the most significant benefits of LASIK eye surgery is the fact that most Houston Lasik surgery patients will experience significantly improved vision just minutes after the LASIK surgery has been completed. Perfect vision may take up to six months but near-perfect site can be experienced the next day removing dependence on glasses and lenses.
2. Removing the dependence on lenses or glasses – From what we have seen, after a successful Houston LASIK procedure, our patients are typically most excited about not having to bother with glasses or lenses. Within the majority of cases, vision will be better after a LASIK procedure than what people experienced with their previous eye wear. For LASIK Houston patients gone are the days of breaking glasses, cleaning lenses and buying cleaning products. Laser eye surgery can provide excellent vision and a life free from the hassles of glasses and lenses.
3. Further career opportunities and new activities - In our experience, many Houston Lasik patients like to be active and because of LASIK surgery travel becomes a lot more convenient. Activities such as swimming, cycling and going to the beach are much less hassle free when you don’t have to deal with corrective eye wear.
LASIK Houston patients have stated that new career paths have become available to them due to the surgery. 20/20 vision is required for careers in aviation or the police force that is not dependent on corrective eye wear. We have found that many LASIK Houston TX patients begin exciting, new careers.
4. Self confidence increase –The increased self confidence that many Houston LASIK patients experience can truly be life changing. After LASIK surgery patients faces do not have to be partially covered up by glasses. The improved vision can cause people to become more outgoing and social. A more satisfying love life and an improved professional life can be a result of this increased confidence.
The different types of LASIK procedures:
• Wavefront LASIK (Custom LASIK) – This procedure, commonly known as wavefront or wavefront guided LASIK, is extremely precise as it provides surgeons with a 3D map of the eye and cornea. The map allows surgeons to carry out more accurate vision correction. Many surgeons are using this method as fewer complications arise.
• Bladeless LASIK – During traditional Houston LASIK procedures a surgeon will use a microkeratome or special implement to cut a flap in the cornea to alter the shape of the eye surface. This new method makes vision correction much safer. This technique involves a laser cutting the flap rather than an implement. For this reason it is referred to as bladeless. Complications relating to the buttonhole flaps or corneal ablations are reduced with this method.
• Epi –LASIK – New developments in technology is providing surgeons with new choices for correcting visual problems. This procedure is carried out using a combination of LASIK and LASEK. The surgeon will cut the cornea’s outer epithelium using a vibrating plastic blade. Epi-LASIK also makes use of an epithelial separator. This surgery is recommended for people with minor visual problems and myopia. When the flap has been created traditional methods are used to reshape the corneal tissue below.
• PRK – This relates to photo refractive keratectomy. This surgery was very popular before LASIK Houston became widely available. Patient response can be slower and healing times are generally longer but it can be a good choice for people with thinner corneas or larger pupils. PRK utilizes an excimer laser and is beneficial for with hyperopia and myopia.
• LASEK – This stands for laser epithelial keratomileusis and is relatively new. This is sometimes known as E-LASIK and is considered very suitable for those with thin or flat corneas. The surgeon uses a trephine to cut the corneal flap. Normally then, the surgeon will coat the eye with an alcohol based solution to help loosen the epithelium. The excimer laser will then alter the tissue below. Patients have experienced minor eye irritation after the procedure and recovery times can be up to seven days.
• CK LASIK – Conductive keratoplasty (CK) is a new kind of procedure that uses mild heat and radio waves to change the cornea. Farsighted patients and those with presbyopia are particularly suited to this surgery. This procedure is not really deemed suitable for those who are near sighted.
By Scott Segal
Houston Lasik Vision Center 1001 Texas St. Ste 1400 #135 Houston, TX 77002 (713) 793-6495
Pasadena, Pearland, Baytown, Bellaire, Conroe, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galveston, Lake Jackson, La Porte, League City, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Texas City, The Woodlands, Alvin, Angleton, Clute, Dickinson, Freeport, Galena Park, Humble, Jacinto City, Katy, La Marque, Richmond, Rosenberg, South Houston, Stafford, West University Place, Hedwig Village, Highlands, Hilshire Village, Porter, Spring Valley, Meadows Place, Waller